Resumption of Fire Inspections During COVID-19 Pandemic
On June 1st, the Fort Thomas Fire Department will re-start the fire inspection program. In light of the recent COVID-19 pandemic a few safety precautions will be put in place to minimize the risk of the spread of infection to business representatives and fire department personnel. We ask that all business representatives adhere to Centers for Disease Control guidelines and the fire department personnel shall do the same.
- Fire inspectors will contact businesses to schedule a fire inspection if those businesses are due or overdue for their annual life safety and fire inspection.
- A representative of the business does not have to be present during the fire inspection but access to all areas of the building must be provided.
- If a business representative does not feel well we ask that you please call the fire department and cancel the fire inspection or make other arrangements for someone else to be present if needed. There will be no penalty for cancelling due to illness.
- During Inspection
- All fire inspectors will wear masks during the fire inspection and we ask that representatives from the business also wear masks in order to limit the possible spread of infection.
- Social distancing will be adhered to whenever possible. We ask that facility representatives maintain 6 feet distance from fire department personnel.
- While we would like to be cordial, please no handshakes.
- We will not be requiring signatures on the fire inspection forms from business representatives. Receipt of the form will constitute that you have received the form.
- The Fire Inspector will email the forms and if no email is available will send printed forms.
- If you have any questions or problems with the fire inspection, please email or phone the fire inspector at their email address or fire department phone number (859) 441-8393. Fire Inspectors work 24 hour shifts and are only present every third day so if you leave a message it may be a few days before they contact you.
- If there are violations, a re-inspection will occur no sooner than 30 days unless a serious life safety issue is discovered. The same procedures as the regular fire inspection will be followed.
Fort Thomas Fire Department Mission Statement
The mission of the Fort Thomas Fire Department is dedicated in serving the citizens to prevent loss of life, personal injury, and property damage through Emergency Response, Current Departmental Training, Fire Prevention, and Community Education. The Department will provide Emergency Medical Services at the level of advanced life support towards the health, safety, and well-being of the patient/s. The Department will provide optimal services in an efficient manor to the needs of our community and recognized by our community and our peers as leaders in the event of an Emergency. The Department will set examples of professionalism regardless of rank or position and actively participate in community events. The Department will assist neighboring fire departments through mutual aid agreements to the extent that the City of Fort Thomas is not left in harm’s way.
- Fire Suppression
- Code Enforcement
- Vehicle Extrication
- Hazardous Materials Mitigation
- Environmental Emergencies Mitigation
- Public Fire & Safety Education
2022 Fire Department Annual Report
Fort Thomas Fire Department Patient Privacy Notice
For more information on any of the services listed above, please feel free to call the Fire Department at 859-441-8393.
Latest Public Safety News
Fort Thomas Police’s Four P’s of Safe Winter Driving
Please be careful while driving.
Continue Reading Fort Thomas Police’s Four P’s of Safe Winter Driving
2023 Flea in the Fort Application Now Available!
2023.Flea in the FortDownload
Continue Reading 2023 Flea in the Fort Application Now Available!
Grab a FREE Bell for your Bike!
Stop by the Armory in Tower Park or the Police Department for a free bell to attach to your bike or scooter. *Courtesy of Reser Bicycle