Fort Thomas Fire Department
The City of Fort Thomas (population 16,325) is accepting resumes from individuals interested in becoming the city’s next Fire Chief. This vacancy is being created by the pending retirement of the present Fire Chief who has served in this position for 16 years. The Fire Chief is one of four department heads comprising the city’s management team and reports to the City Administrator. The fire department is a full service fire and EMS agency engaged in advanced life support service. The department consists of one fire station, 18 professional firefighters (unionized), and a 3.6 million dollar operating budget. The department was recently re-rated by ISO and received an improved Class “2” fire classification rating. The preferred candidate will have a Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university in a fire science/management/related discipline and considerable fire service experience, including a command level position. Good interpersonal, organizational and teamwork skills are essential for this position. The city also emphasizes high customer service standards for our citizens. The successful candidate will be comfortable leading a department and working with city officials, staff, citizens and other governmental agencies. The city offers a competitive salary and outstanding benefit package, including a city-provided vehicle. Residency within the Commonwealth of Kentucky required. Interested candidates should submit a resume and letter of interest to Ronald Dill, City Administrator, City of Fort Thomas, 130 North Fort Thomas Avenue, Fort Thomas, Kentucky 41075 no later than Friday, November 20, 2020.
Resumption of Fire Inspections During COVID-19 Pandemic
On June 1st, the Fort Thomas Fire Department will re-start the fire inspection program. In light of the recent COVID-19 pandemic a few safety precautions will be put in place to minimize the risk of the spread of infection to business representatives and fire department personnel. We ask that all business representatives adhere to Centers for Disease Control guidelines and the fire department personnel shall do the same.
- Fire inspectors will contact businesses to schedule a fire inspection if those businesses are due or overdue for their annual life safety and fire inspection.
- A representative of the business does not have to be present during the fire inspection but access to all areas of the building must be provided.
- If a business representative does not feel well we ask that you please call the fire department and cancel the fire inspection or make other arrangements for someone else to be present if needed. There will be no penalty for cancelling due to illness.
- During Inspection
- All fire inspectors will wear masks during the fire inspection and we ask that representatives from the business also wear masks in order to limit the possible spread of infection.
- Social distancing will be adhered to whenever possible. We ask that facility representatives maintain 6 feet distance from fire department personnel.
- While we would like to be cordial, please no handshakes.
- We will not be requiring signatures on the fire inspection forms from business representatives. Receipt of the form will constitute that you have received the form.
- The Fire Inspector will email the forms and if no email is available will send printed forms.
- If you have any questions or problems with the fire inspection, please email or phone the fire inspector at their email address or fire department phone number (859) 441-8393. Fire Inspectors work 24 hour shifts and are only present every third day so if you leave a message it may be a few days before they contact you.
- If there are violations, a re-inspection will occur no sooner than 30 days unless a serious life safety issue is discovered. The same procedures as the regular fire inspection will be followed.
Fort Thomas Fire Department Mission Statement
The mission of the Fort Thomas Fire Department is dedicated in serving the citizens to prevent loss of life, personal injury, and property damage through Emergency Response, Current Departmental Training, Fire Prevention, and Community Education. The Department will provide Emergency Medical Services at the level of advanced life support towards the health, safety, and well-being of the patient/s. The Department will provide optimal services in an efficient manor to the needs of our community and recognized by our community and our peers as leaders in the event of an Emergency. The Department will set examples of professionalism regardless of rank or position and actively participate in community events. The Department will assist neighboring fire departments through mutual aid agreements to the extent that e City of Fort Thomas is not left in harms way.
- Fire Suppression
- Code Enforcement
- Vehicle Extrication
- Hazardous Materials Mitigation
- Environmental Emergencies Mitigation
- Public Fire & Safety Education
For more information on any of the services listed above, please feel free to call the Fire Department at 859-441-8393.
Latest Public Safety News
The Fort Thomas Police Department is now taking applications for a lateral officer. Please click here for recruitment packet Please click here for application
CLICK HERE FOR FLYER
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MESSAGE
HELP WANTED CROSSING GUARDCITY OF FORT THOMAS, KY.The City of Fort Thomas, KY is seeking a crossing guardfor the Memorial Parkway and N. Fort Thomas Avenue intersection.Assistance crossing children is needed for a short period of timein the morning, school days. Must be 18 years of age or older;rate of pay is $11.00 per hour,payable bi-weekly…
We wanted to put out a friendly reminder that if you walk or jog before sunrise of after dark to please try to wear reflective clothing so that drivers can see you. We want to keep you safe!
Please be aware of who you are talking to at all times. Click here for a guide to the latest scams