In anticipation of the pending demolition and reconstruction of the Johnson Elementary site, the City of Fort Thomas and Fort Thomas Independent School District officials have collaborated to develop a plan to address community impact from this project.
Attached is a diagram depicting the changes in the vicinity that will accommodate the construction processes and potential impact on the traveling public. Specifically, the city will be instituting the following changes:
- Sidewalk will be closed along the portion of frontage abutting the project as indicated.
- A new crosswalk will be installed at the intersection at Ft Thomas Ave/Dixie Place
- A temporary construction access will cross the median at the south entry to the site.
- Parking will be restricted between 1111 N. Ft Thomas Ave and Dixie Place
- Appropriate warning signage will be installed along Ft Thomas Ave.
- Traffic will NOT be restricted in either direction except for temporary closure to allow construction delivery/maneuvering.
These changes will be in place until the completion of this project in Fall 2020.
Please note these conditions and plan your travel in this area accordingly.